Sunday, November 28, 2010

Back from New York City

Being over 3,000 miles away from home I stayed on the east coast for Thanksgiving break. My best friend Charlie came up north to Colby on the 19th and chilled for a couple of days. In Maine we explored northwest of Colby and ended up at a lake near Bigelow, ME. On the 23rd we boarded a bus and began our nine hour trek to the big apple. It was excited to get out of the routine college life and explore new territory. At 9pm on Tuesday Charlie and I arrived somewhere in Chinatown. We spent the next three days walking miles around Manhattan and Brooklyn. We ate pizza at Pizza Suprema, pastrami sandwiches at Artie's Delicatessen, and ate everything but college cafeteria food. Although NYC made me miss home I loved seeing all of my friends from Portland. It was a memorable trip and the most enjoyable time I've had on the east coast. I came back to Maine to find snow and ice covering the ground. In three weeks I leave Maine to go home for one and a half months and I can not wait.









No comments:

Post a Comment